Dabbling with Gemstones and Dexter and I do a 'Selfie'



When I first started jewellery making it was because I loved semi-precious gemstones and their fabulous natural beauty. It's been ages since I made pieces with just gemstones so I thought I would have a go and try out a new technique too.  The bracelets above and below feature faceted blue quartzite and lepidolite respectively and have used silver plated wire to weave around the stones. I am really quite pleased with how they have turned out so I think I will make some more!


I also decided to make a pretty necklace from these gorgeous faceted lemon quartz drops. I alternated them with sterling silver and Swarovski crystals and then finished the necklace off with really pretty sterling silver chain. 


After all the jewellery-making yesterday and photographing, I am having a bit of a 'rest' for a few hours today. Dexter and I were at a bit of a loose end waiting for my fruit loaf to bake so I decided to take a 'selfie' of us......

I've just heard the buzzer on the oven ring....so I am going to go and see how my first ever fruit loaf turned out.......x

Comments